All visa applicants are strongly advised to submit their applications and passports for visas one month prior to the intended date of departure.
- Working Hours (10:00am to 2:00pm) Monday to Friday
- Type of Visas issued
- An applicant shall complete a visa application form in duplicates (2 copies) and attach two (2) passport size photographs which were taken not more than three (3) months from the date of submitting the application.
- An applicant should possess a return air ticket, which should be submitted upon request, in the case of an application for tourist visa.
- An application for an official, business and student visa shall be submitted together with a letter of invitation from the principals in Ghana and or in Australia.
- An application for a visa shall take not more than two (2) business days to process. I) Non Express - Forty - Eight (48) Hours, II) Express - Twenty-Four (24) Hours.
- In the case of journalist and or film crew who are covering an event or shooting a film in Ghana, the application shall take two weeks (14 days) for processing. In addition, such an applicant shall complete another form to indicate the nature of coverage and equipment to be taken to Ghana. Upon arrival in Ghana, such applicant shall call at the Information Services Department for accreditation.
- When an application for a visa is turned down, the visa-issuing officer is not obliged to offer any explanation. An applicant may however re-apply for a review.
NOTE: Applicants must include their passports as part of their applications, as all visas, if issued, are inserted into the passports.
- Payment should be made by Cash, Money Order or Postal Order.
- Single Entry Visa (must be used within 3 months from date of issue AU$100.00
- Multiple Entry Visa AU$160.00
- Express Visa (additional) AU$40.00
- Visa application fees are non-refundable.
NOTE: Personal and Company Cheques are not accepted.
ECOWAS citizens (Economic Community of West African States) Gratis
- In accordance with INTERNATIONAL SANITARY REGULATIONS all persons entering Ghana are requested to have a valid certificate of immunisation against yellow fever.
Do not submit your certificate together with visa application form. Keep it and present it at the port of entry in Ghana.
- Submit the following documents:
- Completed visa application form - Download Visa Application Form - Word format (plain) or Word format (interactive)
- Valid passport for at least six(6) months (before expiration)
- Evidence of financial support or letter of invitation from host in Ghana
- Visa Fee-money order, postal order or cash
- Two passport-size photographs of applicant. Should be taken at least within the last three months (very important)
- Affix each photograph with glue on the top right corner of the application form
- Applications submitted by mail must be accompanied by prepaid self-addressed overnight envelope (Platinum Express Post) for return of passports. Only requests accompanied by certified prepaid return envelopes will be processed
- Send the completed application to:
The Consular Section
Ghana High Commission
52 Culgoa Circuit
O’malley Act 2606
Attention: Mr. Hakeem Balogun - Minister - Counseller / Consular Affairs.
- These guidelines are subject to change as may be directed by the competent authorities in Ghana. For further information please call: (61 2) 6290 2110/6286 7275 or e-mail: email@example.com
Visa Application Form Download
Download Visa Application Form - Word format (plain) or Word format (interactive)